via the Diocese of Tulsa & Eastern Oklahoma:
Bishop Konderla is inviting all Catholics to attend an engagement session so we may participate in the worldwide Synod on Synodality. He scheduled a session at the Church of Saint Mary on May 7, 2022 from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m.
A synod is a council of the Church, usually convened to decide an issue of doctrine, administration or application. The word synod is from the Greek sinodos meaning “assembly” or “meeting” and is similar to the Latin concilium meaning “council.” Sometimes the phrase “general synod” or “general council” is used to refer to an ecumenical council such as the Second Vatican Council.
Pope Francis invites the whole Church to participate in the preparatory process for the upcoming Synod of Bishops on Synodality. This unprecedented opportunity will facilitate discussion and reflection to help shape the Church’s understanding of herself and her mission of evangelization and forming disciples.
Synod Survey Questions:
1. Joys and Concerns about the Church from the people of God
- What fills you with joy about the Church?
- Where do you find joy in your life with Christ and in His Church?
- What concerns do you have about the Church?
- What challenges do you experience in your life with Christ and in His Church?
2. Listening Aspect of the Church
- In what ways do you feel the Church encourages you to speak up?
- How are you able to contribute to the life of the Church?
- Do you feel the Church listens to you or hears what you are saying?
- What can we do as members of the Church to help people contribute to the life of the Church?
- How can the church help you and others to grow in your relationship with Jesus and your relationship with the Church?
- What can the Church do to support people on their faith journeys?