Posted: January 27, 2021
Expires: March 28, 2021
Terms: Full-Time Employee
Experience: 2-5 Years
Education: Graduate Degree
Base Pay: Salary
Send applications or inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The School of Saint Mary is a seeking a faithful, experienced, highly skilled and dedicated school principal to lead our PreK through 8th grade Diocesan elementary school beginning in the academic school year 2021-2022.
The Principal of the School of Saint Mary is a minister of the Church and School of Saint Mary community and of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Tulsa and Eastern Oklahoma. Our principal is a missionary disciple dedicated to the Proclamation of the Gospel and is a servant-leader willing to serve others through fidelity and excellence. The successful principal will establish, demonstrate and promote the highest standards of excellence in Catholic identity, academics and organizational leadership.
Key responsibilities include:
• A joyfully devoted and practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church, whose faith animates his or her spiritual, professional and personal life and whose intellect, passions and will are ordered to the common good.
• A deep and passionate commitment to Catholic education that embraces the good, the true and the beautiful, and a love of these things for their own sake; commitment to the education of the whole child: mind, body and spirit.
• Dynamic supervision of school personnel (staff, students and volunteers) that generates enthusiasm for the school and its mission.
• Management of day to day operations, including evaluations, budgets, fundraising, academic schedules, school programs, building renovations as needed, and extra-curricular activities.
• Management and implementation of policies and procedures
• Leadership in development efforts including enrollment growth, advancement and fundraising
• Master’s degree in an academic discipline with teaching and administrative experience preferred.
• School Administrator’s license/certification (preferred or in process).
• Experience in overseeing and/or directing a preschool program preferred.
• Demonstrated success in teaching, administration and supervision with the ability to work collegially with faculty, parents and the parish community; a principal who leads by example especially as the head of a community of life-long learners and offers opportunities for the faculty and parents, as the primary educators, to grow as adult learners.
• Effective and frequent communication with students, faculty, staff and parents and the ability to work collaboratively with the pastor of the Church of Saint Mary and the Superintendent of Catholic Schools.
Salary and benefits are competitive for the qualified candidate.
Candidates should provide the following materials to the Superintendent of Catholic Schools at email@example.com
1. Cover letter articulating skills, experiences and values with the leadership needs of the school
2. Current resume
3. Statement of educational or leadership philosophy
4. Five (5) professional references with current contact information, plus three (3) letters of reference.
A Role Profile will be sent to applicants in preparation for the initial interview.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To ensure appropriate consideration, candidates are advised to submit materials as soon as possible.
About the Employer
The School of Saint Mary exists to carry out the educational mission of the Church by teaching children to love, learn and walk with God.
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Tulsa and Eastern Oklahoma proclaims in word and deed the saving message of Jesus Christ and His Church that all may know, love, and serve Him.