Come soar with the angels and St. Catherine Laboure! Children will discover how God used an angel to be His messenger. They will learn of the special gift Mary gave Catherine; a vision of the Miraculous Medal and the promise of grace and protection to those who believed.
This year we will have smaller groups due to COVID. Children and Volunteers will need to wear masks. Please read the VBS and MSSW COVID Procedures for more information.
Church of Saint Mary Vacation Bible School and Middle School Service Week COVID-19 Procedures
COVID-19 is a highly contagious and potentially life-threatening virus and the symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Chills or repeated shaking with chills
- Loss of taste or smell
- Temperature at or above 100.4 F
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sudden loss of taste and smell
In order to keep Saint Mary Vacation Bible School and Middle School Service Week open and in order to protect the health of our families, campers and volunteers, it is important that all families exercise caution when considering sending a potentially ill camper to Vacation Bible School and Middle School Service Week. Although a camper’s temperature will be taken upon entry to the building, parents play an important role in keeping the community well.
- If a camper or volunteer becomes ill with possible COVID-19 symptoms, the camper/volunteer will be quarantined in a classroom until he/she can go home. Afterwards the room will be disinfected.
- Parents and volunteers will be notified that there has been a case of COVID-19.
When to quarantine and how long to quarantine:
- When a person has spent 15 total minutes within 48 hours of that person testing positive for COVID-19 or having symptoms. Also, while waiting for results of a COVID-19 tested.
- Quarantine for 10 days or 7 days based on CDC guidelines
- Camper/Volunteers who remain symptom free may return to Vacation Bible School after 10 days or 7 days with testing.
- Camper/ Volunteers who test positive must follow the recommendations of the Tulsa Health Department and their personal physician.
Inside the Building– Masks are required for all campers in grades PK4-8th grade and all adults when inside buildings -No bandanas and no masks with valves. Masks must be non-political in nature and appropriate in a church setting. The Vacation Bible School or Middle School Service Week directors will have final say in the appropriateness of the mask.
Outside the building– When campers are outside, masks are not required as long as the campers and volunteers are at least 6ft apart.
- Classroom desks have been arranged 6 feet or more between desks and all desks are facing the
same direction. If there are tables in the classroom, campers will be social distanced at the
- Campers will be shown methods to ensure social distancing while walking in hallways and
standing in line on the first day.
- Rotation traveling – When possible the Volunteers will change classrooms and the students will
remain at their desks. If the students must move, the desks and chairs will be disinfected if
another grade will use them.
- Classroom doors will remain open to increase ventilation.
- Items that are shared by students will be disinfected by the volunteers between each camper
- Janitorial staff will clean and disinfect after VBS and MSSW hours every day.
- The School and Church building have air purifiers that help fight against COVID-19.
- Extra breaks will be given for campers to wash their hands. Frequent use of hand sanitizer will
- Temperature checks: All camper and volunteers will have their temperature taken upon entry
into the building. A temperature at or above 100.4 F will be rechecked after 15 minutes. Any
volunteer with an elevated temperature will be denied admittance to the building. The parents/
guardian of campers with an elevated temperature will be contacted to pick up their camper.
Campers with an elevated temperature will be required to wear a mask and remain in the
designated classroom until they can be picked up.
- Volunteers: Volunteers will arrive at 8:40am through the white corridor double doors. At the
check-in table, they will take their temperature, sign-in, and hand sanitize.
- Parents/ Visitors: Entry of parents/visitors to the building will be limited. All parents/adults must
wear a mask and have their temperature taken before entering the building.
- Campers: Campers will enter the building at the following entrances: White Corridor entry
(Grade’s 4-8th at 8:55 am and Grade’s 1st-3rd at 9am) and Preschool Classroom Outside Door
Entries (PK4-Kindergarten at 9:05am).
- All Campers and Visitors will wash or hand sanitize their hands before entering the designated
Dismissal times will be staggered to help with social distancing.
- 11:55 am- Preschool will be dismissed at their designated preschool classroom outside door.
• 12pm- Grades 1-3rd will exit through the white corridor to each grade’s designated park lot
- 12:05pm- Grades 4-8th will exit through the white corridor doors to each grade’s designated
parking lot breezeway locations.
Parents/ guardians will park in the school parking lot and walk to pick up their children at their
designated locations. Parents/ guardians will need to wear a mask while waiting in the pickup area
Food and Beverage:
Students will receive a prepackaged snack and will be allowed to drink only water. Water fountains
will be closed, but bottle fillers will be functional and available to use. Campers/ Volunteers will need to
bring a water bottle each day.
Classes will attend Mass on Friday at 9am. Classes who will not be attending Mass will watch it in their
Nursery for Volunteer children:
- Nursery Staff will wear masks
- Children’s temperatures will be taken before entering and will hands before playing with toys
- Parents will fill out the Diocesan Liability/Waiver form for Nursery children, just like VBS and
- If a child puts a toy in their mouth, the toy will be removed that item until it has been cleaned.
- All machine washable toys will be removed from the Nursery.
- Janitorial staff will clean and disinfect room after VBS and MSSW hours.
- The Nursery room has air purifiers that help fight against COVID-19.